In the Barkan Method Hot Vinyasa, postures are linked together and move smoothly from one pose into the next. You will develop core strength, upper body strength, flexibility in the shoulders, legs and spine plus improved concentration in this class. It is challenging, fun and appropriate for all levels.
Barkan Vinyasa Essentials will focus on the fundamental basics of this vinyasa sequence.
Saturday Jan. 13
12:30 - 1:45 pm
$20 non-members and new students
$10 for current SHY Annual yoga Pass, 6 Month, and 3 Month Members. (Discount will show in cart at checkout)
This workshop is for you if any of these ring true:
- You "know you should start doing yoga" but don't know where to begin. This workshop teaches the essential elements of our Barkan Vinyasa while introducing you to a heated yoga practice.
- You have been taking our Hot Yoga 60 class regularly and are ready to step in the Barkan Vinyasa! Concerned you won't know your up from down dog? This workshop will show you the way!
- You feel pain when you practice yoga. A yoga practice should not cause acute pain. Ask your questions in this workshop and discover where your form may need improvement. Postures practiced correctly with the right alignment are not painful. Some may be uncomfortable, yes, but not painful. Maybe you have an injury that needs special attention? This the workshop for you.
- You suffer from chronic lower back pain. A yoga practice can work wonders to alleviate chronic pain, but only when practiced correctly. We will show you how to transition and modify your postures to strengthen your core and help relieve back pain.
- You love your practice and are ready to absorb any extra tips and tools available to you! This is an all levels workshop!